Module 7: Flying Star and Luopan Compass with Howrd Choy
May 25 - 29, 2012
In this module, we enter into the exploration of Flying Star Feng Shui and a more in-depth and advanced study of the Lo pan Compass. The Universe is ever changing and natural influences evolve with the passage of time. Flying Star Feng Shui incorporates the elements of time and space. It will enable you to trace the pattern of change through the 20 year periods called "ages". It makes it possible to access the fortune of a dwelling. With practice, one can learn how to unblock energies that affect the aspects of prosperity and health in a dwelling.
The Lopan Compass is the essential tool in Classical Feng Shui. Its many rings reveal vital information in assessing a dwelling or building site and contain a large body of knowledge that encompasses classical Chinese philosophy, numerology and cosmology. The Chinese Lopan can take a very long time to master since it requires prior learning of the Chinese characters. The Western Lopan simplifies the process and makes it easier for the western student to learn and use.
In this module you will learn to:
- Recognize the cycles of time and different ages.
- Construct a flying star chart
- Transform or 'fly' in a forward or reverse manner depending on the age and orientations involved
- Map year and month charts.
- Understand chart combinations, including inauspicious combinations.
- Apply the appropriate cures (techniques for reversing ill fortune and improving luck).
- Enhance auspicious combinations.
- Understand the symbolism of numerology including analyzing addresses and phone numbers.
- Integrate previous knowledge of the form and Ming Kwa schools with the flying star to produce a professional report.
- Integrate associations of the 8 trigrams (body parts, family member, symbolism, directions) to further predict the tendencies involved.
- Master the 81 combinations
- Learn how to read and create your own Lopan
- Master advanced use of the western Lopan
- Derive Ming Gua and Ba Zhai information directly from Lopan
- Translate the I Ching compass reading into the context of a space
- Locate the 'hsueh' - (the feng shui spot).
- Map the Lo Shu portents of your dwelling.
- Identify the 'flying star' ring.
- Identify the directionology associated with your year of birth and integrate it into your design; including the position of the Xian Chi for enhancement of relationships.
- Discover the arrangement of the 28 lunar mansions and 61 elements
- Determine auspicious water and mountain locations for placement
- Integrate time and space for a more effective Feng Shui consultations
Flying Star Feng Shui is the most widely used method used in Asia. Many of our students have also studied Flying Star Feng Shui and the Lopan with other teachers. Their reporting has been consistent: Our teachers have offered them the clearest, and most understandable discourse on the subject, and their methods simplify the processes so that they are truly usable on every project. Many have also reported that they experienced a huge increase in their abilities after taking this class.